Organising a weekend away? Go for it!12 March 2018
Exciting developments at Lendrick Muir in 201823 June 2018
This year we are delighted to launch our new winter residential programme with an introductory price of £99.00 for two nights (offer ends 30th April 2018). Learning Away (an action research programme) has done extensive research into transformation impact of a school residential. Using research from 60 primary, secondary and special schools they found overwhelming evidence of numerous positive impact a residential experience can have on pupils, staff and the wider school community.
We believe a winter residential is a really valuable experience for any school group, here are 4 reasons why.
1. Why wait to the end of an academic year?
Going away on a residential provides a fantastic opportunity to build deeper relationships between pupils, help teachers to get to know their pupils, as well as, pupils getting to know their teachers. A great way to start the academic year.
84% of secondary school children said that after their residential ‘I get on better with others in my class.’
79% of primary pupils said ‘they know their teacher better as a result of their residential.
2. A winter residential allows you to reap what you have sown
Going on a winter residential is cheaper than a summer one making it more affordable for all children to come. Not only this all the effort and time used to organise a residential isn’t just for a reward at the end of the year. The whole class benefits from it throughout the year.
71% of secondary pupils ‘felt more strongly motivated to learn.
72% of primary pupils said that ‘their behaviour at school is better after a residential.
3. A winter residential provides a unique experience
The longer nights and shorter days offer new learning opportunities such as star gazing or a torch walk.
87% of secondary students ‘felt more confident to try new things after a residential.’
77% of pupils said ‘the way I was taught on the residential will help me do better in this subject.’
Not only this Lendrick Muir can tailor your experiences along one of the following themes.
- John Muir : a chance to discover and explore the area around Lendrick Muir, which could include: a local walk, bushcraft, star gazing, nightline, campfire, den building
- Multi-Activity : on-site ACTIVITIES to develop team building, resilience and provide personal challenge
- Literacy and numeracy : using the outdoors and on-site activities to develop literacy and numeracy skills in action
- Bible Alive : through the outdoors and activities on-site, this exciting programme teaches children P5-P7 the whole story of the Bible in a series of interactive sessions, contributing to the RME curriculum
- Creative : using on-site activities to create a film of your residential experience at Lendrick Muir.
4. Lendrick Muir is a great place for a winter residential
Scotland’s weather is unpredictable at anytime of year so Lendrick Muir has various facilities to ensure activities can happen whatever the weather. It has a large games hall for activities such as archery, inflatables and crate climbing, Our kota for bonfire and bushcrafts. Imagine gathering in our ornate sitting room with a wood burning stove. Fantastic memories to last a lifetime.
Don’t just take our word for it checkout the Brilliant Residential Campaign for the benefits of Winter Residentials.
All statistics are sourced from Winter Residentials Campaign http://learningaway.org.uk/residentials/pledge/winter-residentials-campaign-pack/