Hope for the next generation25 June 2022
Lendrick Muir Activity – the Nightline4 November 2022
We regularly get lovely feedback about the catering at Lendrick Muir Residential Outdoor Activity Centre, but nothing gets more praise than the sweet treats that we serve our school groups. A definite favourite is our flapjack. There’s nothing better to top up your energy levels after an action-packed Activity session. If you can’t wait until your next visit to Lendrick Muir, why not make it at home!
Butter 625g (you can swap for a dairy free spread)
Caster Sugar 625g
Golden Syrup 450g
Recipe (this makes 50 slices so unless you’re feeding a crowd you might want to halve or even quarter the ingredients!)
- Preheat oven to 180c
- Grease and line a baking tray
- Melt the butter, sugar and syrup together in a pan over a low/medium heat
- Add the oats and mix well
- Divide into greased and lined tray(s) and smooth out with the back of a spoon
- Bake for 15-20mins at 180c, until golden brown.
- Leave to cool in the tin for about 5 minutes, then mark into finger slices. Leave to cool completely, then cut and remove from tin.
- Sit back and enjoy a slice with a cuppa!